This picture shows a 60,000 gallon tank being laid down in Lodi, CA. We have built more than 500 tanks from 400,000 – 7,500 gallons onsite for this customer.
There seems to be a bit of interest in Conical tanks again.
Here is a 1500 gallon Conical tank at Rombauer. Contact us for more info.
Temperature of wines
Room temperature is rarely wine drinking temperature. Most restaurants, bars and homes have an average of 71 – 74 degrees room temperature all year long!
- Rich full body red wines should be between 58 and 64 degrees, no higher
- Light red wines, usually outstanding in the summer, should be between 54 and 57
- White and Rose wines should be between 46 and 54
- Champagne, dessert and sweet wines should be between 43 and 47
One Acre of an established vineyard AVERAGES:
- 4-5 tons of grapes which is 10,000 pounds
- 13.51 barrels of wine at 7,552 oz./ea
- 797 gallons of wine at 128 oz./ea
- 3,958 bottles of wine at 25.6 oz./ea
- 15,940 glasses of wine at 6.4 oz./ea
One Barrel of wine contains:
- 740 pounds of grapes
- 59 gallons of wine
- 24.6 cases
- 295 bottles
- 1,180 glasses
One Case of wine contains:
- 30 pounds of grapes (468 oz.)
- 307.2 ounces of wine
- 24.6 cases
- 12 bottles of wine
- 48 glasses of wine
One Bottle of wine contains:
- 750 ml of liquid
- 2.4 pounds of grapes (39 oz.)
- 25.6 ounces of wine (4/5 quart)
- 4 glasses of wine
How About Grapes, Clusters and Vines?
- 1 grape cluster = 1 glass
- 75 grapes = 1 cluster
- 4 clusters = 1 bottle
- 40 clusters = 1 vine
- 1 vine = 10 bottles
- 1200 clusters = 1 barrel
- 30 vines = 1 barrel
- 400-500 vines = 1 acre
- 1 acre = 4-5 tons
- 4-5 tons = 266-332 cases
Q & A
- Among the world’s fruit crops, where do wine grapes rank in number of acres planted? #1
- How many gallons of wine were lost in the 1906 San Francisco earthquake? 30 million
- How long does it take to harvest a commercial crop from newly replanted grape vines? 4-5 years
- How many varieties of wine grapes exist worldwide? 10,000
- How much white zinfandel is consumed in this country? Too much
- A bottle of opened wine stored in the refrigerator lasts how much longer than it would if stored at room temp? 6-16 times longer
- What are the top three U.S. states in terms of wine consumption? CA, NY, FL
- What percentage of restaurant wine sales do red wines represent? 55%
- What is the average cost of the grapes used to produce a $20 bottle of wine? $2.64
- Should I ever use a decanter for my wines? A decanter is used mainly to remove sediment from older red wines. Also, it can be used to open up young red wines. Otherwise, wine will “breathe” enough in your glass and decanting is not necessary.
- Why should I swirl wine in my glass before I drink it? By swirling your wine, oxygen is invited into the glass, which allows the aromas to escape.